Hugs

Friday, August 03, 2012

Hugs


People don't realize the power of hugs.

Well.... hugs from the people you 'think' 'hate you'

I clocked out of work yesterday and was yanked from the computer as the mass of other trainees came to try and utilize the computer I had been sitting in front of.

I made my way backwards though the crowd when arms took hold of me by my shoulders and turned me around and pulled me into a hug.

Instantly I recognized the cologne and started to tear up.  My arms instinctively came up around him.

"Are you really hugging me?" I whispered into his neck. And I felt him nod.

I pulled away after a moment and he brought his hands up and cupped my face and looked me right in the eye and said "just so you know"

"Do you realize how much this did for me?"

"I know."

The best thing you can do when a borderline is freaking out is to pull them into a hug and tell them you're not leaving them. 

Even if you have to do it over and over.

0 thoughts :

Statcounter