Lost Empathy

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lost Empathy


You _can't_ operate on other levels. That's why you need empathy. Your other cognitive functions (so to speak) are all way subservient. I mean, when Fe is satisfied and all is good, whatever, you can logic it or cut off people who reject you, but when Fe is not satisfied, you need empathy and, like you said, other things don't work. So all of your world view is constructed from your unfulfilled Fe and you have nothing else to compensate!
Basically, your brain is trying to act upon the world and define inner self. You can act upon the world with Feelings (Fe) but you don't have a definition of inner self. Normally people would have Ti, Fi, something to balance their inner world against everything they see around them 
Anyhow, without an inner sense of judgment or selection (Ti/Si) to balance with your outer world of feelings, you compensate for it by finding feelings that need no compensation, ones that are approving and you relate with 'liking' or 'happiness' 
Nathaniel figured that one out.  He's been doing alot of research into the Cognitive Process stuff, it fascinates him.  And, well, I was having an identity crisis the other day, and wasn't being very nice to unempathetic people.   It was a pretty psychotic episode where I LITERALLY thought my identity was gone.

  • but I am disappointed that you are rejecting me, or whatever I am, when I needed you
    and I reached out to you because you've done it once before in the past
    and we had a connection that allowed me to help you when you needed it
    unconditionally. i guess I had interpreted that we had a similar mindset
    and I guess I'm wrong

    Nathaniel:   Laura!
    You are making an _internal judgment call_! I'm proud of you, in a way.

    That boy. 


This would explain why I seem to 'rally supporters.'  I need to fill an empathy bucket.  This also explains why  I feel lonely almost all the time, unless I have like.. a Boyfriend.  That's a consistent source of empathy.  As Nathaniel put it, I'm completely incapable of function unless that bucket is filled.  And I have to figure out how to fill it internally so I stop relying on out side sources for my problems and functionality.


James:  So, I was doing some research on Borderline
Me: *drops spoon into stirfry I was making*
You did what? Why?
James: I researched Borderline. I need to see how much of your reactions are you, and what's fear, and what's borderline.
Me: *shifty eyes* why?
James: Because I said I would help you.
Me: And what did you find?
James: That the main solution resides in being mindful.  Realizing and understanding while it happens.  So, I'm going to help you be mindful.


0 thoughts :

Statcounter