[Questions of a Hypothetical Nature]

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

[Questions of a Hypothetical Nature]


Questions asked to me by my hypothetical and imaginary boyfriend Nik.   Unfortunately, Nik is a pointy eared telepathic blonde from the planet Akaria who is a political leader, but took lots of interest in theoretical astrophysics,  so we don't see each other all too often.  So, for his sake, we're going to pretend he's from earth, and lives nearby.

A friend of mine asked these to his girlfriend, and after dating someone who never showed emotion, it was a nice refresher to see that Guys actually care about what their girlfriends think. I decided to answer them to the best of my ability as a template of things I'm looking for, or want.


What is it that makes you just come to me without much thinking at all?
You give me the space to be me.  I don't have to be afraid to be myself. It's a refuge, from a world of social norms and ignorant reactions.   You are so smart that when I have questions, I know either you'll have the answer or you'll help me find it.  There's something so stable and grounding about you that I feel like I can go out and fly with you able to catch me.

What is it that makes you love me other than the times when you think I'm cute or just want to snuggle or have a big hug?

Because I adore your flaws as much as they piss me off.  Your isolatory nature, your disappearance. Your blunt emotional backhanded nature when you get mad.   They all exist as part of you.   Nik, but you stretch me and challenge me and exaggerate my very being beyond what I think it's capable of.  You're both a role model and a support and the idea of our souls escaping into the eternities fills me with plain joy.

When you say that you miss me, what is it about me that you miss?

The intellectual stimulation and problem solving.  I miss making you laugh. Everything is way serious for you, and even that is something I miss as you make sure I don't float off into space.  I miss your face.  The peace I feel when I'm in your presence.  The undeniable feeling that no matter what, everything will be okay.

What do I have to offer you?
A life time of Epicness.  Grounding. Possibilities. Practicality.  You would offer me the connection I've always dreamed about. Someone who knows what i'm thinking, why I'm thinking it, and can comment on my thoughts without me saying something. Someone whom, I already have hundreds of inside jokes with, and can very easily create hundreds more.   You give me the ability to feel needed and that the things I do and have done are important.  You know stuff.  Lots of stuff.  You're intelligent.  You offer me a life time of learning.  You know so much of things I don't.  About ALL aspects of life.  I have a life time to learn from you, and learn with you, as I know you love learning just as much.  We have enough in common, like love of travel, science, nerdery, AI, space and other such things, that I know life will be fun.

We also share the same ideals for a relationship, and the things that we both feel are necessary.  You would offer me everything that I ever wanted.

What do you want of me?
I want you to be you.  I want you to let me know when you dont feel like you can be you.  Iwant you to continue being a silent support for me.  I want you to continue being worthy of the priesthood. I want you to let me help you when you need help, and come to me when you want to talk.  I want you to want me. I want you to love me for who I am.  I want you to be happy, and tell me when you're not. I want you to tell me when you need me.  I want you to grow, and learn and progress. I want you to know that you can cry around me, and you can laugh.  I want to be there for you no matter what.  

What do you need from me?
I need you to tell me you love me. Every chance you get, and when I do things that make you laugh, when I do things that remind you of why you like/love me.  I want you to tell me what comes across your mind.   I need you to rely on me, and be openly communicative with me. If I'm doing something wrong, I want you to tell me. If I'm doing something right tell me that too. I need you to tell me when you need me.   Your reaction to me means more than gifts or things like that.  If I see you light up because I show up, then that means more than a jewel or anything like that.  I need you to be patient with me, and if I show fear, calm me down.  If I seem paranoid, reassure me. If my self esteem is gone, reassure me.  I need you to make sure I maintain my independence, and that my whole life doesn't merge into yours. I need you to make sure I don't sacrifice who I am for stupid things. I need you to help me maintain my faith and testimony.  I need you to help me trust myself and my instincts. Say cute things.  Tell me you miss me.  Start the affection before I do, so that I'm not the one initiating everything.  I need you to do everything to not make me paranoid of your feelings for me.  If you feel it, tell me or show me.

Are you in love with the idea of "us" more than the actual "us"?
I think when I first started hanging out with you, I was in love with the idea. I would be dating Nikalaren,  the ridiculously good looking, amazingly talented, confident , popular person.  But since hanging out with you, I have seen you when you first wake up, I've seen you with your hair messy. I've seen your lack of self confidence, and I've seen you when you're angry, sad, frustrated, happy, overjoyed, random, and instead of the idea of US, I fell in love with you.  You, who you are, the things you want, the things you do.  Your hopes, your dreams, your frustrations.  I think at this point in time, i'm definitely in love with 'us'. We'd be epic.  And I know this, because we're epic, and we still really only know each other on a surface level. Think about what it'll be like on a deeper level?!


Do YOU feel that we as a couple work together well? If so, why?
We both have a serious level of respect  and trust for the other.  We both know we are capable at what we do and rely on that. We both feel complete communication is crucial to relationships. We both want to feel wanted and needed and know that that's the case. We both want a connection and to progress, and I think we'll lift each other up then the opposite.

Do you actually see a future with us?
Yes, actually. I've been seeing it for a little while now.  You're one of the few people I can picture a future with.

I know you appreciate and admire me for different reasons which you already expressed, but why do you love me?

You mean besides everything else I just listed? :P  You're unique.  You have a handset of skills and things you've done or wanted to do that no one else does.  You seem to be the type of person to try new skills, and want to progress.  You are Nikalaren, and your flaws, and your quirks are exactly why I love you.  The things that define you from the rest of the mass of guys.  I know lots of guys, and they're all a blur of good guys, but the definition of them don't stand out much like you do.  I love you for the way you treat others, I love you for your genuine need to make people happy.  I love you! the one person who is Nik. There doesn't need to be a reason, other than YOU.  who YOU are. what YOU do. YOU. the things that make you Nikalaren Galaedra.


-__-;

3 thoughts :

~David~ !Sharp! said...

If anyone ever has the gall to tell you that you're overly dramatic, or that you're a horrible person, ignore them. Also, don't ever let anyone tell you not to dream. It's a way of living, and a vibrant one at that.

Inked said...

Hello Laura, I tried to follow your blog as I feel I am the same way as you in our thought processes. My name is Veronica (V.Levett) and I just thought you should know that you're not alone in your thinking.

Much love dear,
V.Levett

Kristen K said...

I still love this. *steals*

Statcounter