[ Kikastrophe ]

Thursday, April 29, 2010

[ Kikastrophe ]


Ok, I have something else to show you.....  Go turn the music at the bottom off.





This is quite possibly my new favorite song... besides the one that plays when the site starts up.


Several people have asked me where 'Kikastrophe' came from, and why I use it.


Kikostrophic: ~defn.
[I]noun[/I] 1. the events that cause stress to Laura her senior year of high school. 2. a feeling of unusual hilariaty when kiko messes up.
[I]adj.[/I] 3. horrible, and/or devastating similar to catastrophic, but applying only to Laura. 

Example: I definitely have a Kikostrophic Life.  
~sigh~ everyone should have one.
This was my signature for YEARS.  I guess I should start farther back.







This is Kiko.  Its a neopet.  Starting in Junior High, Dailing Jiang and I had a neopet account that we were always on during Computer Time in History Class.  Her pets kept dying...  

Anyways.  I kind of wanted people to call me Kiko.  It didn't work out so well.  I'd even introduce myself as Kiko, and SOMEHOW everyone would call me Laura W.  

In 9th grade, I saw the matrix for the first time.  (Kind of an odd jump in conversation, I know.)  I became thoroughly obsessed with it, even joining a forum for it.  TMC.  The Matrix Community. My nickname on there was Kiko.  

I saw everyone with these cool signatures.  At the end of posts or at the end of emails I was receiving. I desperately wanted one with my name in it somehow. Kikostrophic was created. A definition of sorts.  And it was implemented.  Kiko_Smartie was my hotmail.  Both that email and that signature still exist.  If you ever recieve an email from my hotmail, you'll see the signature. It hasn't changed.  

I'm not entirely sure when Kikostrophic changed to Kikastrophe.  I know that I got my gmail way back because of Bryan in 05.  The blog was also started in 05.   A plethora of other names have emerged with kiko.  Kikography and Kikomemory are some of them too. My car's name is Strophe.

I finally have people who call me Kika.  Those that were around during the DT chapter of my life, some of them call me Kika.  

Since then, it became my account name for everything I want linked to me.  Kikastrophe is my XBL account, (you can add me there)  my twitter, (there too..)  and facebook.  It is my Myspace and my Youtube account. It is my AIM.  It is my online name.  Not just a topic of conversation or name of a blog. Kikastrophe is ME.

I.  Am. Kikastrophe.   

2 thoughts :

Kristen K said...

HAhaha! I use to be on Neopets ALL THE TIME! I loved that site! Oh good times... I had multiple accounts too. And lots of money. Oh neopets...

Sara P said...

I have always wondered...and I'm so glad it has to do with neopets!!!
I still get on my account every once in a while. :)

Statcounter