Thingy

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thingy


Hey guys. The beginning is just a little backstory. I don't have alot of information yet of how that goes down.  Also. I don't have a name for the main female lead. So she has my own. This is totally Raw.  I haven't even reread it for fear of changing it.  I'm playing with themes and how dark I want to write it.  This is what 'happened' last night, as I visited my imaginary friends.  Basically I'm looking for some form of feed back that its interesting. Dark. or disturbing.  Or if its easy to read, or if It pulls you into it.  -'s are basic info that I haven't written yet.


Niks POV:
I looked up to see a Curlean male coming down the stairs, dressed in black. Zniel.  He stepped slowly, knowing all attention was on him, gently pulling off a pair of black gloves he was wearing.



He spoke with confidence and a volume that everyone in the room could hear.


- man announces who he is.

- nik stands

-Calls for the Celeste
-Nik comes forward

- You are not the Celeste, where is she.

'she' died at some point, at which the power transferred to me.

-"ah, the Celeste's boy toy is one of power"

-"If I was her boy toy, It'd be a step up from where I currently sit with her. She hates me. Everyone knows that.

"haha. You forget we know her mind. Celestes aren't meant to have lovers or friends. Everyone knows that. Why? They get killed. To get to them. How best for a Celestes to protect the people she loves then by hating them.



I had something I was going to say and promptly forgot it.[Previous memory appears] Suddenly everything made sense. Why she fled, or avoided me. Why her joy turned sour all the time. She was protecting me. Because she cared. But he said the word Loves. Why I found myself stumbling over this thought, I don't even know. I didn't even realize he was still talking.



"We call for peace."



My mother spoke, "Peace. An option which should have been looked at long ago. How can we  What do you require now."



- People on earth who want to change.

- So you can send them through the trauma you put her through?

- We make people stronger.

- I spoke up in english - Bullcrap. I was there when she was found in a VR torture machine. My mind returned to the moment we found her, strapped in the machine with all manner of tubes coming out of every part of her body, her eyes held open by machines, lifeless as her brain was cycled through problems and producing solutions faster than a computer. The virtual hell she lived in for a year.

-Some form of fighting words

- We are not your enemy. We did not start the war.

-Whatever, you started the war when you formed an all out attack on our homeworld.

Ah, the attack was led by whom? A human, who, I'm being told, knew what she was doing the entire time, and, if I remember correctly, destroyed a vast majority of our fleet through cyber warfare and manipulation.



I stopped. There was no way out of this.



- In return for leaving the planet and the fleet alone, we call for the dark princess to be returned to us,



Before he finished his statement, several people were on their feet, making some manner of yelling.



"to be tried for war crimes, and punished for the deaths of our leaders and our people."



He was looking right at me as he said it. I've never really felt hatred for someone. Even when Laura described Daryl to me, I couldn't feel the depth of hatred. This man had given me something, because he knew he was going to stomp on it.



Everyone was yelling, the court was in an uproar. I sat down and put my face in my hands, and then.. a voice.



"I am here."



There was silence. And she strode forward into the room from the backside. I could feel the fear coming from her. I've only felt her fear once before, and that was when she didn't know I was real. She was not taking the time to mask it.



She was beautiful. And all I could do was stare at her, as she knowingly sacrificed herself, yet again, for the world that she loved more than anything.



Stepping forward into the light she said again, "I am here, What would you do with me? "



The man smiled. And I knew he hadn't come alone.



Laura's POV.



It was all I could do to stay standing. I was having a memory rush. Bits and pieces of the time with the [name] were coming back to me. And I was reliving the horror of it as I stood in front of someone who would have his way with me. As I waited for an answer, I felt.. a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. It was a tendril of sickness. The kind of sickness you feel when you encounter a being of evil. I remembered this feeling. It wrapped itself around me like a multitendriled snake, comfortably holding my body on the precipice between insanity and fear. *HE* was here. somewhere. I felt him in my mind. I was paralzyed.



Look at you, he said. Look at what you've become. My prodigee. My I heard it in my head, and in my ear, like a caress. Daryl. My body awoke. OH HEAVENS. It wanted his caresses, even though I wanted to throw up. An arm came around my left side and a hand appeard cupping my neck, a face emerging from the darkness, cheek to cheek. I couldn't move, my breath was coming out in short bursts. I was hoping somewhere Merconi's alarm system was going off somewhere, my vitals freaking out, until I realized this was all in my mind. Another mind game. I was probably standing dumbfoundedly unanswering for all I knew. And I was starting not to care. A body formed behind me, and another arm came around my front pressing myself to him. I was nauseated, the mental smell calling forth memories only smell can bring to life.



Mmm. Did you think you ever could have left? That I haven't been here the entire time? I was starting to rock back and forth, my resistance fading as I was being moved side to side. I didn't care. I wanted to be right here.



*FLASH* I was running throught the dark woods, the trees just black shadows on the wall. and then my body exploded. I was ripping my insides out. * FLASH *



The nasty smell was around me. A hand tilting my head up to look into the face of my torturer, Forcing me to look into its eyes. And I didn't care. "Soon you will be back with me." he crooned. His face kept switching back and forth between something rotting and nasty, and a face that would protect me. His words caressed me, his presence held me. A tiny voice in the back of my mind said one word: "Nik" and from my lips issued one word: "Help." And then I was enveloped.





Nik's point of view: "I'm here, what would you do with me" She stood with confidence. The man didn't even get a chance to speak before my mother did. "Unfortunely, we don't just hand over people just because you say they committed an atrocity against you"



I had a growing feeling of unease. Something was wrong.



"That's not up for you to decide. she is human. Not akarian.you have no hold over



Something was very wrong.



"Then we shall work with the Human leaders before turning her over to you"



she wasn't giving the humans a chance to speak for themselves, for that I was grateful.



Everyone started shouting, and amongst the din, I heard one word. "Help" from a voice that I knew all too well.



Laura was standing, with her eyes half closed. Ignoring all cultural rules, I dove into her mind. And then I could see it. Him. When I knew what I was looking for I could see it without being in her head. It was a man. He was attached to her. like he was merging with her. A parasite like creature, with tendrils wrapped around her, and she was responding to it. It moved her head, and she moved with it, unresisting, helpless in its grasp.



Daryl.



I launched myself over the railing. Calling into play a massive amount of energy, I launched it at this ... thing hoping I could hit it. Obviously no one else could see it.



I hit it. It staggered but didn't disconnect from it. Taerana materialized at my side, grabbing my arms.



"Don't" she hissed. "We don't know what its doing to her"



I ignored her. "Let her go"



It turned its face to look at me.



A face of rotting. Or so it was portraying itself. It twisted itself. and Laura arched her back, gasping, whether in pleasure or in pain I don't know. She was lifted off the ground.



I know what you are
I felt it in my head. A sickening voice. I took a step closer, and Laura started Screaming. she tried to jerk against an unknown captor, caught against this wrapping of tendrils. To everyone else watching, she was spasming in midair.



I stopped moving. I felt Merconi activate And Taerana tensing beside me, ready to fight. Laura's screams turned into a whimper.



A booming voice from behind me. Stop.



I turned, reluctantly to look at the source of the voice. Magistrate Drol stepped off the podium. He was looking at Laura, or rather, right behind her where this thing was situated.



I announce Sanctuary for the Celeste. She will be held with us until this matter is taken care of. I will not be turning her over to the likes of you. He paused. And then said, Yes. I can see you. Just like they can.



He let the gravity of those words sink in.



In a low voice he said, "And I DARE you to try and take her back"



The thing attached to Laura pulled itself apart. Like a Cell going through mitosis. And next to her stood a full man, dressed in a dark tunic of royal nature. Black curly hair framed his face, and he smiled. Laura collapsed to the ground no longer being held by this thing with a small whimper. She threw up.



I ached to run to her. To protect her. Her shell of strength broken, shattered by this monster from her past. Maintaining a shield of energy in front of me I prepped to make a run for it. I entered her head to try and tell her i..



Suddenly I was flying backwards, and my head smashed against the tile. I was disoriented, but I could tell Taerana had been knocked into the ground as well and was out cold. His face was before mine. I was being held down by my throat. Zniel was kneeling down beside me, something in his hand. Commotion and screaming, I couldn't tell what was happening.



"I assure you, we will try. And We will succeed, and you will help us. An Ambient of Will. I will break you, Like I have her so many times in the past.



I was bleeding, I could feel it. A presence was trying to enter my own mind, pushing against my own defense I have put up. I was going to lose. This thing wasn't just a man. It was using another force, another being was using it giving it extra power it shouldn't have had. Remembering the strength of the Celeste, I pushed back with all my might, knowing it was futile. Zniel took my arm, and I'm pretty sure I was going to be injected with something.



Laura's point of view:

I was trapped. I was trapped in my own mind. Part of my subconscious knew what I was seeing wasn't real. I had sensor information telling me that what was happening to me wasn't real. What I was seeing was disturbing. Faces I knew saying unknown words. Melting eyes. I saw babies full of pins and they were still crying.



I felt someone in pain. And I was aware just enough of Nik. Somewhere nearby. And he was hurt. Sensory information told me that he was on the ground. I had some sense of awareness now that Daryl had moved. Zniel was trying to inject him with something.



I was mad. It was my fault He was being hurt. I tried. I felt helpless, trapped in my own head, unable to do anything. The pinned babies caught on fire. FIRE! I could command fire now. Not very well. I felt myself being lost to the visions again, and as my last coherant thought, I lit Zniel's brain on fire.



Nik:



Suddenly Zniel jerked upward, his eyes bleeding. The Daryl thing flicker in and out of existance. Zniel was the anchor allowing Daryl to be here. I was't the only one who caught that, because suddenly Lyco was there, and with an upswing caught Zniel in the jaw, and using an impossible force, side kicked him in the stomach.



Zniel was screaming and clawing at his head, ears bleed and eyes bleeding he fell to the ground, Twitching, and finally stopping lying very still.



Daryl disappeared.



I laid my head back on the ground, sighing with relief. I touched the back side of my head, and it was sticky. And I realized there was something sticking out of my arm. A syringe of some sort, but Thankfully it hadn't been depressed yet. I looked up at Lyco with what I hoped was a grateful look, but he was busy ignoring the barrage of questions, as our security team finally made it into the room. Everyone was confused. One minute we had been talking, the next I had been knocked to the ground by an unseen force, and the next Zniel was screaming for no reason. And that's excluding what had happened to Laura. Laura. I sat up suddenly and looked across the room at her.

She was breathing, half lying in her throwup. She was also weeping.





I ran to her side, landing on my knees and sliding the rest of the way to her.



Laura. I whispered. She rolled over, and opening her eyes she sat up, catching a scream in her throat, hands flying to her mouth, in what I could only guess was a conditional response from her past to stay silent. She saw me and stopped, gasping. I could only imagine what he made her see and do while she was trapped in her head.



She curled her knees to her chest, crying into them. I was on my hands and knees. I leaned forward trying to see her face. She was muttering something, and I said her name again, and her eyes flew to my face. I saw her eyes. Such fear, such terror. Her breath caught, and I reached out and touched her face. She flinched once and let my hand rest against her non metalicized cheek. I sent *Strength* to her. She started breathing again.



Laura's Point of view: I half recognized this face in front of me. In what had seemed like forever, I had been forced through scenarios where everyone in the room died in some horriffic fashion. Many scenarios. All of them where I was helpless to do anything. All the while this THING attached to me, making me do things I had no control. And I had loved it. Or so I was led to think. I flinched as my face was touched. And I felt him. Nik. I knew him, and his presence shown like a beacon of light as I was trapped in my own head. I followed it, felt my arm being tugged and I was in his arms. He had pulled me towards him, and I went, and he wrapped me up. In a way completely different than Daryl. Burying my face in his tunic and I allowed myself to sob. Not caring who was watching. And I wept.





0 thoughts :

Statcounter