'Us' and a Blender

Thursday, December 30, 2010

'Us' and a Blender


DRAFT # 2:

It all started with a bear.

Actually it started with a Cory.

Over the past week, Kristen and I have watched as Cory's "I'm OK mood" progressed into a "Meh" mood, and then in to a "Whatever" mood.  And try as we might, we couldn't seem to get him to cheer up.  Trying several different nightly activities, gaming, hugs, and pats on the head, nothing seemed to cheer him up.

Thursday night, after watching him take off, we got back into our little huddle and discussed new ideas. No one ever really knows Cory.  He always remains mysterious and private, and after having a text conversation with him, I threw up my hands in frustration, and turned to Kristen saying, "I don't have a clue what to do anymore."  After IX-naying the idea to run after him, show up at his house, and things like that, the idea was produced to buy something.  A stuffed animal.  Kristen, thought for a bit and came up with Build-a-Bear. They were doing Star Wars bears, and he was pretty excited when Kristen got a lightsaber for her bears.

The next day, we were trying to find the right opportunity to tell him we had plans for him.  After seeing a tweet come through saying he was going to play LEGO Star Wars TGS all night, we kind of freaked and I sent him an IM.

Laura: PS. Kristen and I have Star Wars-y plans for you this evening.
Cory: Um, but but but the Lego.

After a little convincing and explaining that he could still do as such, he agreed.  Kristen and I were at his place at 6:20. As we got into the car, he asked what was up.  I told him we were "going to a magical place where dreams come true, and people are happy.  Oh, and has star wars ness."  Giving me a look, he said "oookay"  and we went to the car. We parked at the mall, and went in.  He kind of figured it out when we started walking in the direction of Build-A-Bear.

I personally had never been to build a bear, and was in the same wonderment as Cory was.  Kristen walked straight to the shelf and pulled out the skin of a

  P.S. Check out my 101 in 1001  and see how I'm doing!

0 thoughts :

Statcounter