[Time Capsule]

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

[Time Capsule]


I've been cleaning out my Gmail account, applying filters.


One of the things I tend to do, if I see something cute, or come across something cool, I'll email it to myself for safe keeping. Its been interesting to see what I sent myself up to 4 years ago. I guess I made my email a time capsule: 





Feb 26, 2006:

A missionary in our ward started his LDS talk in sacrament meeting in a very funny way. He had everyone stand up and stretch, then announced that we was going to play "Simon Says," a game where you can only do what you're told if the person in charge first says, "Simon Says."
"Simon says touch your nose," the missionary said. Everyone touched their nose.
"Simon says touch your knee." Everyone touched their knee.
"Simon says touch your ear." Everyone touched their ear.
"Simon says touch your neighbor's ear," and with much laughing a few people did, others didn't. The missionaries in front of us were among those who were too embarrassed to touch each other's ear.
"Okay, you can sit down now," and the majority of the congregation did. I was one out of about 10 or 12 people still standing when the missionary said, "I didn't say, 'Simon says'." We all laughed. I'm sure the majority of those who sat down realized that their embarrassment of having to touch their neighbor's ear had overshadowed the instructions for the game.
The missionary finally let the rest of us sit down, "Simon says you can sit down. Now that I know you're all listening I can share my talk with you."
What a great way to start off a talk, if you're not too embarrassed to try it.

May 31, 2007 - 


I sent myself this video - and after watching it again, I found myself dying of laughter.


March 27, 2009


An Im from Christopher Knorr on FB. I think we were talking about activating the red button in my aveo sending my car into hyperspace.

I've seen the like of it: a disintegrating fireball of hot, twisted metal, destroying everything in it's path until it finally overcomes the curvature of the earth and shoots into the cold, forbidding void of space.
That's why I tell people to install heat shields. But do they listen? Noooo....

February 24. 2009 -

Barry: what do YOU think of what your friends said?
Laura honestly, i was confused because i don't see my self as stand offish, i see myself as friendly, and they say people are intimidated by my looks, which made me crack up. Mostly i can't see the things they're saying 
Barry: so you don't agree with thim
*them
are you looking for someone to tell you something and you stop and think and say, "yeah! that's it! that's what's wrong with me!"
Laura i guess maybe that's what i'm doing

February 15, 2009 - 
Once upon a time, Christopher Knorr and I kept humming and singing a song that we couldn't remember what it was from. He started saying "TEAM WORK! TEAM WORK!" and I finished it as "AS A TEAM!" And he spun around like. oh my gosh, you know that? For a full year, we'd been trying to figure out what it was from. Constantly running searches while we chatted while we were at work. Then.. this was found.





January 12, 2009 (it happened so much earlier though)


This makes me laugh SO much. The things that we talk about as geeks. Its kind of funny how much programming you can apply to real life.



Oh.. looks like this came from the same day too: (You'll have to click the picture to be able to read it.




HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY . I forgot about this.  This is probably the most epic of the things I've done.  I kind of screwed around with video editing, and using windows movie maker, made this unfinished masterpiece. 





It was never finished and sadly, certain people aren't together, like they were when this was made.... Jillian never even made it into the video. All videos used for this were created using videos I took myself. (with the exception of maybe one) Oh my goodness I have watched this 3 times. Brings back lots and lots of memories.


All the rest of the emails I sent my self are links to mp3's or links to archives of mp3's.... or other more personal conversations.

Some of these should bring back memories for some of you.... others, I hope you enjoy reading/watching them.

Do any of you have any methods of retaining the technological things you do?
Laura










2 thoughts :

Kristen K said...

Are you sure it was your Aveo and not his? I always thought that convo applied to his. You need to redo the trailer to make it more updated (though it might be more depressing :P). And I miss Reading Rainbow... that was one of my favorite shows growing up.

Ashley Serena said...

Oh please. Oh no.
The Teamwork video is just too much.
I love these--the ferret video, the Epic Death of Alex Solomon video. You clever, silly people.

Statcounter